yoga is a way of life.. For inner peace and good health, practice yoga

yoga is a way of life.. For inner peace and good health, practice yoga

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Affirmations: Connecting Peace & Health

Sometimes at bedtime, or on Sunday night, I like to read soothing wisdom that both helps me make sense of my day and prepares me in a positive way for the day/week ahead. We all have successes and failures each day and I find solace in readings that acknowledge the journey. Again and again I discover how intertwined good health is with inner peace, and how our thoughts and actions ripple out into the world. These affirmations, more than anything else, help me be kinder to myself. I actually feel myself sighing as I read because I feel I have permission to stop being so hard on myself for what I did or didn't do "right."

My life coach Joy (http://www.circleoflifepersonalgrowth.com/) shared with me and other students in our teleclass a set of affirmations from Bellaruth (a guided imagery pioneer and psychotherapist), 30 in all, which flow in a sequence that is to me relaxing, full of inner truth, empowering, and reminds me of the important connection between peace and health. I hope you will enjoy reading these simple and powerful affirmations. You can copy and paste them into a document to keep by your bedside, as I have done! Please share them with your friends, and the recipes and entries on my blog. That's why I write to you! My next blog post will feature the detox cleansing diet of which the Alkaline Broth is one component, this week.

"Affirmations from Bellaruth"

I know there are times when I become worried, pressured, angry or sad and I accept what I feel as my inner truth of the moment.

I know that the more I can acknowledge and accept my feelings without criticism or blame, the more I allow myself to become peaceful, calm and well.

I know that the more I clear my mind and set aside needless worry, the more I allow myself to become peaceful, calm and well.

More and more, I can release the thoughts and feelings that disturb my inner sense of balance and peace. I can send them out with the breath in the interest of my own well-being.

More and more, I can let go of worrying about things I cannot control and focus on my own inner peacefulness.

More and more, I am in touch with the peaceful stillness at my center… sweet, balanced and steady.

I know that when I can soften and let go of harsh expectations and unrealistic demands on myself and others, I allow myself to be peaceful, calm and well.

I know that when I can forgive myself and others for errors of the past, I allow myself to be peaceful, calm and well.

More and more, I see that when I can love and appreciate myself and take time to care for myself, I am giving my body a powerful message to be calm and well.

I understand that the time to be motivated by guilt or fear or mindless pressure is over. Now is the time to do things out of love and celebration and the joy of self-expression.

More and more, I can appreciate my body, respect it and take good care of it.

I call upon my intention to bring more calm and well-being into my life.

I engage my powerful will to help me with this.

I invite assistance from my friends and loved ones – past, present and future – to lend me their support and strength. I see myself surrounded by their love and caring and I feel it all over my body like a warm wave.

The blueprint that I hold in my mind’s eye is the picture of myself – vital, strong and active… focused, joyful and fulfilled.

I see my body for what it truly is, my oldest friend and my steadiest companion.

I am no longer willing to push and pull myself around without regard for my own health and well-being. I’ll show the same love and concern for my body as I would for any dear and valued friend.

More and more, I can consider the possibility that my body is trying to teach me something useful and that these times of stress are simply signals to slow down, focus inward and be kinder to myself.

More and more, I can notice when muscles tense and tighten in my body and I can soften and release them with my awareness and my breathing.

More and more, I can soften and relax tension in my scalp, face, neck and shoulders.

I know that when I stay connected to my body when I am truly conscious of how it feels, I allow myself to be peaceful, calm and well.

I know that when I can live in the present taking pleasure in the beauty and aliveness of each moment, I allow myself to be peaceful, calm and well.

More and more, I can see the beauty of others and the beauty of my surroundings. More and more, I can see the beauty of my own being.

I can see and feel radiant sunlight entering and warming my body, penetrating into the places that are tight or tense or sore, and loosening, dissolving and dispersing them.

I can see and feel a powerful blue-green wave of peace and healing washing through me from head to toe, clearing out tension and taking it out with the tide.

I can see and feel a warm, pulsing, glowing blanket of magical comfort surrounding me, enveloping me with a feeling of peace and safety as it soaks its healing warmth into me.

I salute my own courage, commitment and strength in my efforts to take charge of my own health, calm and well-being.

I know that I have things to do, gifts to give, purposes to accomplish, and I require a strong, health body and clear, peaceful mind for this.

More and more, I know I will look after myself, not out of fear of illness, but out of love and respect for myself and my life.

More and more, I know that I am held in the hands of the Divine and I am perfectly, utterly safe. And so I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment